Sunday, October 18, 2009

Troy Boy and Other Thoughts

I haven't posted in awhile...we've been busy! Life seems to be flying by! Scott has been gone the past two weekends. First to New Jersey with a group of Seminarians and then this weekend to California. He was leading a group from Modesto CRC on a weekend retreat up in the mountains. He will return home late tonight. He seems to have enjoyed himself and had to mention that it was 70 degrees and sunny! :) I have spent my weekend running kids from place to place and getting caught up on some things around the house. Kamryn and I raked a few leaves in the yard today. The leaves seem to be falling fast. I wish they would stay up a while longer.
Last week at school Troy was the "special person" in his class. They keep it pretty low key here. All we had to do was fill in some of his favorite things on some cards that his teacher put up on the door and come up with a few pictures. Not too hard! I made him pose for a few pictures after school one day to document the event. (He wasn't too pleased, but did cooperate!) Troy continues to love school and has lots of friends. He knows popcorn words, lots of letter sounds (not all of them yet, though), and how school works. He had a funny quote the other day. We were searching for an "N" share object to bring in to class. We found a spaceship thing and said it could work for NASA. He wasn't sure what NASA was and I said I would write it down. He said, "I can't read." I said he could show his teacher and she could read it. He said, "My teacher talks a lot and she doesn't like it when we interrupt!" Well, I'm glad he figured that out. (He ended up taking a NERF ball instead.) Troy also loves playing outside in the neighborhood. There are about 5 little boys his age who get along pretty well. They play basketball, soccer or hockey together. They usually all wear different jerseys while they are playing the sport. As you can see in the last picture it is tough to get Troy to put warm clothes on. When he was heading out to play Sat. morning it was still about 40 degrees. I let the shorts go, but made him wear the hat!











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi everyone. Sorry Kristen, but we'll be having Scott in Chicago this weekend. How about coming with him ? I know folks around the church are looking forward to seeing and hearing him. Let us know, please !!! if we can give you folks or Scott a dinner, breakfest, or whatever. Would love to see you all. Phone us please. R.K.

elgersmaelement said...

Ruth~
Actually we are all coming. (Cathy had invited us all.) I'm not sure what our schedule is yet. We will call as we figure it out. Thanks for the offers!
~Kristin