Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Birthday, Scott!

Today we had a great day helping Scott celebrate his 37th birthday! He opened presents in the morning. Unfortunately he had to rush off with the kids to buy books for Katie at the highschool and I had to go to meetings at school all day. We were able to go out to dinner and have cake tonight. He had fun reading all the facebook messages and getting lots of phone calls.
Getting ready to blow out candles.
Making a wish...

Opening presents this morning.

Yesterday the kids sat down to make some birthday cards for Scott. I thought it was fun how they each showed the personality of the artist.

Katie's is neat and colorful.

Kamryn has an ongoing cartoon about chocolate-loving robots which she included on her card. I thought it was also unique that she signed her dad's card with her first name and last initial!

Troy was trying to think of something Scott loves and came up with Fantasy Football. Then he asks, "Katie, how do you spell DAD GOES DOWN?" :)

We had a wonderful dinner out with our friends, The Borsts. After dinner Matt took the kids and Scott out to do some "geo-caching." (Not sure if I spelled that correctly!) You find coordinates on the internet and using a GPS, they lead you to hidden treasure. There were two that Kamryn looked up by our house, so they went to check them out. Success!

Matt rummaging through the forest!

Hot on the trail!

2 comments:

John R said...

Good job geo cacheing! Kam, may I go? If you get the coordinates, we can use your Dad's GPS -- or did you get AAA maps for family use :)
'Boppa

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott Happy Birthday. I'm late again in getting out a card, so I'll send you all a letter. This month, I've been off on dates. I can't believe we are out of summer already, being we had such a cool one, hardly any warm hot days. Maybe that's what set my clock in my head backwards......... no comments!!!
Wishing you many more happy and healthy years ahead Scott. Ruth K