Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Sustained!

The big news today is that Scott survived his oral comps! They tell you that you "sustained" at the end if you pass. It was definitely a challenging experience. He was grilled by two of his toughest professors. He said he broke down crying three times earlier today because of the overwhelming stress of it all. But it's over now and it was amazing to feel the love and support of so many people. We had a great celebration dinner out tonight and I think we'll all sleep well. ( I think I have sympathetic exhaustion.) When Scott got home after his examination he called Troy in from playing outside. After greeting him, Scott said, "I passed my test!" Troy replied, "Hmmm. Was it boring?"



1 comment:

Lynn said...

So happy for you! Of course we had no doubt whatsoever that they would declare you "sustained". Glad you had a beautiful day to celebrate.