Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Hello from Chicago!

Hello to everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I have posted anything. Upon our arrival in the Chicago area, we soon realized that our hosts had prepared everything that we would need for the summer. The only thing lacking was an internet connection at their home. Thanks to some generous neighbors, we are now connected. (Much to the relief of our internet starved teenage daughter!) I had some trouble figuring out some things on Scott's laptop, so some of the pictures are still tipped. Sorry!
Anyway, these are some of the pictures of activities that we have been filling our days with. We are in a beautiful place and have been enjoying learning about a new part of the country. The people here are great and the church work is going well. We'd love to hear from you all!
This is a road by our house. We are in a neighborhood with big beautiful tree-lined streets.
We have this fun tree swing right in our backyard.

Today Kamryn, Troy and I went to a story/ craft time at Trinity Christian College. We are very close and enjoy taking walks and bike rides around the campus.
Today we took advantage of some free passes we received to the Brookfield Zoo.





Ahh! A nice soak in the tub before bed after a busy day!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Hey,
Sounds like things are going well in Chicago! Matt is taking the Hebrew mid-term right now and then can take a breather for awhile. My family comes next week for our reunion. Maybe we can come down late July/early August. Enjoy your summer!
Matt, Gail, and Anna

Julie B said...

Elgersma clan,
It was so nice to read your update! Glad you're enjoying the windy city. I admit, I held my breath a bit when I saw the picture in front of the "Bootsma Cafe" bookstore. That is named after my Aunt and Uncle, Ken and Mary Beth Bootsma. My aunt suddenly passed away in 1993 of acute leukemia while my uncle was president of Trinity. They named the bookstore after her b/c she had done so much work with books and libraries, not just there, but in other places which they had lived. How great that you are enjoying it, and that I am seeing the fruits of her labors. I will admit that she was one of my favorite aunts on my dad's side because she was so into books, as was I. Thanks so much for sharing and for really making my evening!

Enjoy your summer!

Julie Bakker

tlg said...

Hi guys! We're back from Mount Hermon and so glad to hear that things are going well for you. We missed you last week, but look forward to seeing you in August. I haven't updated our blog yet, but I'll work on it. Laundry comes first!

Teri

Lynn said...

Glad to hear it's going well. We miss you guys. Alyssa said their family may be stopping by on their way back from Utah. How fun! Anyway, we'll keep in touch, and I'm sure the summer will go fast!